Today I am going to answer a question on why I wrote “No GST” on few of my commercial listing published here.
I have obtained the information from Royal Customs Malaysia Department (RMCD) Wilayah Persekutuan.
Whether an individual/company has to charge GST when making a supply of his/her commercial property are subject to the following conditions below:-
- GST shall be charge by a taxable person in the course or furtherance of business on any taxable supply of goods or services made in Malaysia.
- Taxable person means any person who is liable to be registered under the GSTA. A person is liable to be registered if the total taxable supply of the current month and the next eleventh months exceed RM500,000.00.
- Any individual owning commercial property at any one time:-
- make a supply of 2 commercial properties or commercial land not exceeding 1 acre would be treated as not carrying business even if the sales is more than RM500,000.00 in a 12 months period.
- would also be treated as not carrying out business if there is no intention of making a supply.
- make a supply of rental services on such property is liable to be registered when the turnover for such supply exceeded the threshold amount of RM500,000.00
I hope with this information, it can help you; the investor; to make the right and informed decision.
To view and rent some of our commerical property with or without GST click here.
Sources: GST Royal Customs Malaysia Department
+All data and information is correct at time of upload. These articles are for information and basic educational purposes only.